122-the sentence is not correct. It should read “I will go to school without the car” “without the car” will still pass the meaning “not driving”. Example: I will go to town without shoes. Means I will not wear shoes, but we cannot say “I will go to town without wearing shoes”
123-the second sentence specifies the person by using the words “who/that” but both sentences mean the same. Example: Look at the boat “which/that has” with the blue sail.
124-“which/that” specifies or acts as a particular participle. Therefore the second sentence specifies the pen under the desk. Example: take this cup to the man “who has” with the blue cap.
125– Examples of sentences with prepositions (for, behind, between, above, below and etc)
- The fight scene is before the second act. “as a nominal, when used with the verb to be”
- The coyote runs after the rabbit. “modifies verb runs”
- The town hasn’t been the same since the war. “shows a terminal relationship/ semantic”
- The family survived despite the accident. “logical relationship”
- The trail was beside the waterfall.
- She was hiding under the bed.
- These are just excerpts of essays please access the order form for custom essays, research papers, term papers, thesis, dissertations, book reports and case studies.